Saturday, January 2, 2010

Scarf Love


I am in love with this new scarf! I got it on sale in Japan last week. Around New Year's, just like here, the sales in Japan are incredible. This gem was only 400 yen (around $4.25). Can you believe it? I love the Burberry-esque look for Goodwill prices. I got K one in a charcoal and red plaid.

As it's Saturday, we're just hanging out until K has to go to work later today, and doing a little thrifting. While we were out, we took advantage of the clear (although COLD) weather and K took some fun shots of me.



It's supposed to be pretty frigid the next few days, but still sunny. It always seems like a trick when you look outside and the sun is bright, but then you step out and it's F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G! Well, I'm just grateful that we don't get snow down here XD

4 comments:

  1. Japan.. wow, how fun! I've always wanted to go there! How was (is?) your trip? Love the scarf, I found one exactly like it at my local CHKD thrift store a while ago! Gotta love fake Burberry :) By the way.. what is your major?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittany! My trip was amazing, I was on a tiny island called Miyakojima to study the local dialect. It was a great place to be during the winter XD I definitely recommend Japan if you get the chance to go. I've been going back and forth for the last 10 years or so. My major is linguistics, with a focus on sociolinguistics and endangered languages. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit, I love Japan!


    www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scarf with the thin belt. Great look. Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy new year :)

    www.smalltownchic.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! And if you keep a blog, please provide a link in your comment. I love discovering new blogs :)