Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rosy tea party


dress - Urban Outfitters / cardigan - JC Penney / shoes - Target

I found this beautiful dress on the clearance rack at Urban Outfitters, and it just screamed "tea party" to me. I also discovered my new favorite place to take pictures in my apartment. Finally, a place that looks halfway decent. It can be a tricky thing to find when you live in an apartment this small!

Even though it's been really warm today, I just had to have tea. A friend and I had a study date earlier in the day, and I treated her to some of my new jasmine tea I brought back from Okinawa. It's nice, but it's pretty strong compared to most mainland Japan teas. I wonder if they drink something similar in Taiwan? Anyhow, I'd love to make a tea latte out of it and sweeten it up a bit. 

In a stroke of luck today, it's beautifully sunny outside right now! The forecast called for rain, and it was pouring earlier, but now it's lovely. I think I might go for a jog later. By the way, I can jog two miles now without stopping! Not bad, huh? Of course, it's not the quickest two miles on record, but I'm super proud that I can even do it. It's good progress towards the St. Patrick's Day 5k that I'd like to try to do. 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit and pictures! Mm that tea looks so good right now too.. you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww! i bought this one floral dress JUST so i could wear it to a tea party one day...but no such tea party has been planned :( so i think i shall wear it like you and have my own tea party (:

    i hope you're feeling better too<3 thank you for that sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is so so pretty! I haven't spent much time in Ann Arbor! I really want to plan a trip out there in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww thanks for the sweet comment :) you have the sweetest look (and i'm loving this tea party outfit!) not only is your outfit gorgeous, that tea pot is too!
    so jealous of your sunny weather. it's looking pretty gray outside my window, haha.

    and aren't jen(n)s the best?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment.

    The dress is lovely, and the tea and tea pot are pretty cool too! I've just got into drinking tea. My favourite is Moroccan mint tea, but normal fair trade is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! That dress is very cute, and Jasmine tea sounds great right about now. Thanks for sharing! Have a great SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. graet post hun, thanks for stoping by stylerodant, and leaving your lovely comment ^_^ i really apreeciate it :)
    p.s american drinking tea luv ya ! that's cool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing dress

    And thanks for following me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog through an ifb forum. Lovely photos and the dress is fab!

    The necklace that you are wearing looks cool. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute, I love the floral dress with cascading cardigan

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! And if you keep a blog, please provide a link in your comment. I love discovering new blogs :)