Saturday, March 20, 2010

Forcing cats to be cute, gardening, and other things


This is my kind of Saturday! Fruit salad, toast, and bacon for breakfast, followed by a couple hours of jump-starting our spring veggie and flower garden, then a 2-hour walk along the river downtown.


I finally got dressed in somewhat normal clothes after our long walk, but since I still had some dirt on my arms (and probably in my hair) and I had just walked so much, I just went with a casual spring outfit. I am loving this pink gingham scarf!


While I was taking pictures, Dexter decided to come outside. I let him out on the condition that he pose with me.


But then he reminded me not-so-politely that he does NOT like to be held! Hence the weird headlock-esque pose below. He's enormous now, even though he's not even a year old yet!


I've also found some time lately to do some more crafty things, including this coffee press cozy. In my next post I'll be debuting my latest dress, and soon after a tea pot cozy. Stay tuned, kids :)


And last but not least, I just had to include this picture of the strangest creamer ever that I unearthed in an antique market in Savannah. Seriously, how could I pass it up? Plus, the brand of china is "Jennifer" so of course it had to come home with me. Isn't it ridiculously cute? (Or cutely ridiculous? Hmm....)


shirt - old / shorts - Shimamura only Y300! / scarf - Target /
shoes - Urban Outfitters

8 comments:

  1. Too cute. Visited from SITS, decided to follow. If you would like to return the follow, you can find me at http://ladyvdzine.com
    Virginia
    http://ladyvdzine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute scarf!
    we would be moving to the charleston area, which i love. i never got a chance to visit columbia when we lived there before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gingham is always great, but particularly when its pink! love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your style!


    greets

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower, I found you through Friday follow! Only it's Sunday now! Do I still count? Your cat is adorable! And so is your blog!

    I hope you will come follow my blog out as well!

    Have a great weekend!
    Shannon
    http://milkandcuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog, yours is adorable! It's like a funky vintage sweater, chic but cozy!

    -Andrea
    PumpkinTart

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOHH!!! I love your scarf- so pretty!

    xoxo
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! And if you keep a blog, please provide a link in your comment. I love discovering new blogs :)